|Our ServiceHunters Plaza Free Wi-Fi
We provide free public access to Wi-Fi Internet in certain locations within Hunters Plaza subject to these terms and conditions (“Service”). The Service is not available in all areas within Hunters Plaza. You must be within a servic location in the Centre (“Hotzone”) to be able to access the Service, and access may be subject to capacity restrictions.
To use the Service, you will need a Wi-Fi (802.11b or g) enabled laptop, personal digital assistant, handheld device, or other suitable wireless-enabled device. Your existing device may already have this capability built-in. If not, you may be able to purchase and install suitable access hardware and software from an electronics retailer or direct from the manufacturer. Please contact your local electronics retailer or IT manager for more information.
When your device is wireless-enabled, you will need to set your service set identifier (‘associate’ your wireless connection) to ‘Hunters Plaza Wi-Fi’. Refer to your wireless access card user guide documentation for specific instructions on how to do this.
You will also need a standard Internet-ready browser on any operating system. No additional software is required.
With a properly installed wireless network card, access is gained by launching your browser from within a Hotzone. You will receive a log-in page to enter your email address. Once your email address is verified, you are able to connect to the Internet. With full connectivity to the Internet, you can access any Internet resources, as well as any private or corporate networks to which you have access from the Internet.
Hotzones operate by transmitting a radio signal to a user’s Wi-Fi 802.11b or g wireless network card. Data is exchanged between your wireless network card and a Hotzone over radio frequencies in public spectrum. Because of this, it is susceptible to interference by external factors outside of our control. Interference may result from other public wireless access points, weather effects and other devices operating in a similar radio frequency range (such as microwave ovens).
As with any wireless communication, the Service is not inherently secure. Furthermore, wireless communications can be intercepted by equipment and software designed for that purpose. We cannot guarantee protection against any risks of data interception and misuse, or against viruses, Trojans, worms and any other harmful matter or things. Because of this, we strongly recommend that you take measures to ensure the security of your wireless connections and protect your device through methods such as encryption, firewalls and anti-virus software, the use of Virtual Private Network (VPN) software when connecting to private or corporate networks, and websites that provide SSL encryption for your data. You should talk to your IT manager or service provider for more information.
We do not accept any responsibility for your device, software, or for any other hardware or equipment (such as wireless network cards and security tools) which you use to access the Service, nor do we guarantee your device will operate as intended with the Service. If you have any difficulties with hardware or software, you will need to talk to the supplier or manufacturer of the product. We do not provide support for these products.
The Service is intended to operate on most Internet browsers and operating systems, however we cannot guarantee the service will operate on all.
The Service is free, subject to a limit of access to a maximum of 50MB of data per user in any 24 hour period. Once you have exceeded this limit your Free Internet access will expire and you will be directed to the FIVO website where you can choose to purchase more data, should you wish to do so, on FIVO’s own terms and conditions.
Your Use of our Service
You must use the Service in a reasonable and responsible manner and comply with any reasonable restrictions we place on your use of the Service and ensure that anyone else that uses the Service through your device meets our requirements for use of the Service.
While using the Service you must not:
- Infringe anyone’s legal rights or breach any laws;
- Post or transmit any message which is defamatory or disclose any personal information which would constitute a breach of any laws relating to personal privacy;
- Post, transmit or download any message, data, image, program or other material which is indecent, obscene, pornographic, offensive, threatening, embarrassing, distressing, dangerous or otherwise objectionable regardless of whether this material or its dissemination is unlawful;
- Breach the intellectual property rights (including copyright) of any other person;
- Access any other person’s computer or computer system or software or data without their knowledge and consent, breach the security of another user or attempt to negate the user authentication or security of any host, network or account;
- Introduce anything which may damage or contaminate any other person’s computer or computer system or interfere in any other way with any other person’s computer or computer system or the operation thereof;
- Use or distribute tools designed or used for compromising security;
- Restrict, inhibit or otherwise interfere with the ability of any other person to use or enjoy the Service;
- View, collect, forward or intercept email or other private communications not intended (by the sender) for you or attempt to do any of these things;
- Transmit unsolicited bulk or commercial messages or spam;
- Impersonate any person, entity or computer address, engage in sender address falsification, forge any other person’s digital or manual signature or perform any other similar activity;
- Interfere in any other way with the computer networking or telecommunications service to any user, host or network;
- Violate the rules, regulations or policies applicable to any network, server, computer database or website that you access;
- Use the Service in a manner contrary to existing standards of “netiquette”.
Management of our Service
We reserve the right to implement technical mechanisms which may prevent you from using the Service otherwise than in accordance with these terms and conditions.
We also reserve the right to investigate suspected violations of these terms and conditions including gathering information from the user or users’ involved and examining material on any relevant service or network. You must co-operate with any investigation.
If we find material or information that may indicate that you are involved in any unlawful activity we may pass the material or information to the relevant authorities and you will have no claim against us in this regard.
If you fail to use the Service in accordance with these terms and conditions we may terminate or suspend your access to the Service without notice.
We reserve the right to end the Service at any time.
Exclusions and Limitation of Liability
You use the Service at your own risk.
We provide no guarantees in relation to the Service and any guarantees implied by law are expressly excluded to the extent permissible at law.
We cannot guarantee that the information you access or make available through using the Service will be private or secure or that the information you obtain through the Service will be accurate.
We cannot control the content of the information that you access on the internet and you access any material at your own risk.
We are not responsible for ensuring that information or software you access through the Service will be free from viruses or other harmful matters or things and we accept no liability for any damage to computer equipment, communications equipment, software, data or other property or the operation thereof as a result of your use of the Service.
We accept no liability for any loss or damage, whether direct or indirect or consequential arising from our provision of or your use of the Service or for any other reason.
You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless from and against all claims, losses, damages, expenses, costs and expenses resulting from your use of the Service or any breach of these terms and conditions by you.
Our failure to enforce these terms and conditions, for whatever reason, shall not constitute a waiver of our rights nor shall the exercise of any right prejudice any other rights or remedies we may have under these terms or conditions, at law or otherwise.
Sometimes we will need to change the terms and conditions of the Service and we will publish such changes on the Hunters Plaza website. It is your responsibility to be aware of such changes by checking our website.
By using the Service you are providing your consent for us to use your personal information (to the extent permitted by the Privacy Act 1993), including your actual location when using the Free Wi-Fi Service, together with other information for, without limitation, the following (to the extent permitted by the Privacy Act 1993):
a) profiling usage across all users;
b) to serve advertisements directly to your device/s;
c) to send you information about our products and services and those of third parties which we believe may be of interest to you;
d) to provide you with location specific offers; and
e) improving and developing the Service
These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand.